Thursday, October 26, 2006

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

When asked to list qualities I look for in a mate, my list was:

1.) attactive
2.) funny
3.) smart

A few years later after a few bad breakups my list became:

1.) funny
2.) honest
3.) attractive

Today, I'd have to say my list is:

1.) funny
2.) honest
3.) respectful

Why? Funny is number one because it's obvious. I like to have fun, I like to laugh, I'm not a serious person. Honesty is number two because it's important. I'm not just talking about not cheating on your significant other. I'm talking about having a relationship with someone that you know what is on the other persons mind and how they feel about a situation because they are upfront and truthful with you.

This brings us to R-E-S-P-E-C-T. This one word means a million things to a million people. Maybe you want someone who respects your poker game. I know I do : ) Maybe you want someone who respects your personal space. Or your mood. Or when you say No. Or when you say Yes. Or Red (if you're into that kind of stuff I guesS).

Or maybe you just want someone to have enough respect for you to clean up after themselves and not make you feel like their maid. Maybe that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I like modest men...especially ones that really shouldn't be.

I also like smart men. i don't want to have to explain everything to the man I'm with.

But mostly, I appreciate honesty...in everyone. I hate when people just blow smoke up your ass because they think it's what you want to hear. Of course, respectful would come in when they refrain to tell you your ass looks HUGE today. That quality helps too.

My list would be:

Matt Chase

7:13 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

How sweet : )

Mr Tito is a good catch too, I just was having a "moment" when I wrote that!

We should add a 4th - Make cute babies - how could you not love someone who makes cute babies?

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home