Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Emily's Night Night Antics

Emily did not want to go to sleep last night. Being the good baby that she is, she went to bed without crying. About 20 minutes later, I hear her in the crib making car noises.

"Beep, Beep"
"Honk, Honk"

I giggle, and turn my attention back to Law and Order. A few minutes later, I hear:

"Mommy!"
(pause)
"Daddy!"
(pause)

and finally...."Annie!" - who by the way is the dog! I guess she thought that if Mommy and Daddy wouldn't come rescue her, maybe the dog would?

And a few minutes later, we hear (by this point Jeremy had come to join me in listening at her door):

"Happy Birthday to my Emily, Emily"
"Happy Birthday to Emily"

We are laughing hysterically and calling family so they can join in the funniness.

And, then the crying started and the "My leg stuck" so I investigated, and sure enough, her leg was stuck. So, I got her out of bed, gave her some water, changed her diaper and let her stay up for a few minutes.

She won the battle - but we'll win the war!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I tried this same thing in bed last night but Ray just me to watch tv and be quiet.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They key to getting the kid to sleep would be to put them in there by themselves and they get so bored they pass out. the problem is your child doesn't seem like she is ever bored. Funny Story!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

If you had only gotten out the video cam immediately we all could share in the experience. That is so funny. :)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home