Friday, January 06, 2006

Getting a Dog

Jeremy really wants to get a dog. My immediate reaction is: NO! But that is because I have a bad history with dogs (I had the most perfect Golden Retriever ever and when I split from my ex, I had to give her up to him and it broke my heart!). My second reaction is: NO! But that is because I am already exhausted picking up after myself, Emily AND Jeremy and god forbid I add something else that I have to pick up after! My third reaction is: no (notice it is no longer in CAPS and there is no explanation point) But that is because honestly, deep down, I really really really really want a dog, I love animals, but I work full time and it just isn't fair to the dog for it to be crated 9+ hours a day! And that brings me to today: maybe. I really want a dog, I have the room in my heart to love another thing, Emily and Jer and myself being forced to clean up better after ourselves isn't a bad thing, and I do work really close to home that I could stop by and let the dog out at least once a day if not more. What do I do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Sasha...

10:58 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

What? Are you getting rid of her? If so, I'll take her!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Poycer said...

Unless there's some pressing reason to get a dog right away, why not table the decision for a couple months to give yourself time to think it over? Personally, I love cats and have always had one or two, but gave away my last two when I got divorced. Once we bought our house, one of the first things I did was to get a kitten. I like my gigantic, mutant freak of a cat (he's huge and has 6 toes) but sometimes when we want to go on a trip or have to spend another $100 at the vet's office, I wish I hadn't adopted him.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Sasha was a DUMB BITCH! We had it with the pissing on the carpet. I had it with the 5am feedings that were preceeded with a half hour of barking. I had dreams of a semi dragging her down to Harassments. Some stupid family finally took her. Good!

Do you want "Diablo" though?

5:28 PM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

No, I don't want Yuri! He's a pain in my ass! "He's so smart" my ass...j/k

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home