Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Office Experiment

I was hired as the "Office Manager" for a small real estate company almost 3 months ago. Since its a small company, my job duties contain just about everything. Except toilet scrubbing. That I refuse to do. I do all the Office Manager stuff, I do all the Receptionist stuff, I do all the Personal Assistant stuff, hell, I even do a little light housekeeping like taking out the garbage and vaccuuming. However, I do not and will not scrub the Men's toilet. I will wipe down the top of it, I will toss a bleach tablet in it, but I will not scrub the part where the pee cakes on or the part that is turning different colors from the ass of my boss. You cannot pay me enough. Well, ok, maybe you could but that is a different discussion. I'm currently not being paid enough to scrub the Men's toilet.

Here is the experiment. I'm almost at my 90 day review, at which point, he can no longer fire me without just cause. The toilet after just over 2 months of non-scrubbing is starting to look pretty gross. So, which will come first: The 90 day review or the boss specifically telling me to scrub the toilet - at which point I'll be required by my personal ethics to tell him no, requiring him to most likely fire me? Hmmmm.... If he fires me after my 90 day review is up for not scrubbing the toilet, I think I may have a good lawsuit as well as a summer on fun-ployment!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully, it won't come to fun-ployment. It isn't Your pee in the men's jon! Other ideas: phobia of urine, allergies to cleansers, religious conflicts, not in your job description, or providing the number of good cleaning service.

Keep us posted.

2:24 PM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

Update: I cleaned the toilet. I couldn't stand it anymore. I've been defeated.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home