Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A New Poker League?

Since the downfall of our Poker League last Thursday, Jeremy and I have spent a lot of time staring at the boring beige walls of our house. So, last night, we decided to give another local league a try. This time around, it was hosted in downtown Ft Pierce, which is only a hop skip and a jump from Vero Beach, and it happened to be at the restaurant next door to where I work (Governors Grill). Although the group was small, we brought the party including Dustin (whose claim to fame is the "praying" picture in the newspaper from March) and John aka Big Sexy. I got bad cards, and ended the night early after a good play. I held a Jack 9 suited and the flop came out 8 9 J. Someone raised ahead of me, so I went all in with my top two pair, flush draw, straight draw, etc. I was trying to force out the people on a draw, but unfortunately, the raiser had flopped his straight, so he called. Obviously. Oh well, it was a good move on my part.

Anyways, if you are local, and missing the Poker games, check out the Young Guns Action Poker Tour . Tell them that Jamie sent you, so I can get my extra free chips dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home