Friday, June 02, 2006

Omaha

Since most of you know that I'm new to Poker as of Dec 2005, you'll be proud to learn that I'm expanding my horizons outside of No Limit Texas Hold Em. Lately, I've found myself bored with the game - or maybe just the players in the local league http://www.onestoppokertour.com Seriously, I play twice a week if I'm lucky, and I'm not trying to brag, but why am I still in top 20 of points? These folks play every night of the week and twice on Sunday! I don't win everytime I play, but it's usually because I get bored too quickly or everyone plays retard cards so I bust out. And those of you that I play with who happen to read my blog, it's them, not you I promise.

Anway, back to the Topic: Omaha. The other night after Jeremy did some dealing (aka, made some $$$), it was such a slow night that the cash game was only running with two players. We decided to take his measly $40 in tips and sit down and see what we could do. The dealer was our buddy little Rob, and one of the other cash players was our good friend Matt. So, we decided to experiment with some of the other games, playing with the cards face up since nobody really wanted to take each others money. We tried a few games, but it seemed that every time we played Omaha (and none of that hi/lo crap), I was winning! So tonight to pass the time, I'm playing some free Omaha on Full Tilt and taking everyone's chips.

Maybe it's beginners luck. That's why I hid the credit cards....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home