Thursday, November 02, 2006

Toddler v Twin v Double

It's time for a "real" bed for Emily. We have looked around, but as is our style, waited until the last possible minute. That minute came this morning. I heard her on the monitor with her baby talk and then she got quiet. Real quiet. I jumped up and went into her bedroom. I caught her with one leg over.

"Emily - what are you doing?
"I'm climbing"
"Oh really? Why?"
"Look!"

And over she went. Luckily, I was there to help break her fall.

I really wanted to wait until she was pottytrained so a new room could be her prize. Or at least Christmas, but it doesn't seem like it's going to work that way.

Now I have to make a decision. Do I buy her a toddler bed? Yes, it's cute and comes with railings and I can get one for as cheap as $50 and I can use her current mattress. Or, do I buy her a twin plus railings for a little bit more money, but it will last a lot longer, at least until she is in elementary school right? Or, do I go straight for the double. Sure, it's more money, but a quality bed and mattress could last her for years and years and years?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I say get her a cot. I used to love naptime at daycare on my cot, would have slept in it every night if I could have. Then you can wait until potty training or xmas for bedroom set.

7:57 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I'm just not ready to give up the "Listen Kid, you are being too loud and mommy can't hear ANTM, time for bed!" She can't escape the crib...until now : (

7:59 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

So tie her to the cot.

8:41 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I got the toddler bed last night, did it up right with new "big girl" princess sheets and pillow. She didn't budge. Let's hope that it stays that way...

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

And her not budging had nothing to do with her being tied down. *wink wink*

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home