Monday, April 24, 2006

People and the Horses They Ride On....

Today is definitely Monday. The day started at 1:22 a.m. when Emily decided that she was no longer going to sleep in her bed, and only my bed would do and only after she punched and kicked the pillows, the blanket and my lower back for 45 minutes. Then, I get to work to find out that the other assistant quit. Really though, no big deal, I was kind of bored anyways and am actually looking forward to the potential extra duties. But, again, all off topic. The reason for my post: Why do some people feel that what they have to say is so much more important than what I have to say. For example, I work with a woman who is single and 40 and all she talks about all day long is her stupid dogs. Do I listen? Yes. Do I get bored of listening? Yes. Would I ever say anything mean about her dogs or her. No. It's her life, and although annoying, its not harmful to listen to a few words about her Pride and Joy. I love poker. I barely talk to anyone at work, but I mentioned to Dog Lady that I had some people over to play Poker on Saturday night, blah blah blah. Two minute story tops. Then, later she was at my desk and asked me a question about Poker, so I answered. She then made a nasty comment about "God Love You, but all you do is talk about Poker". I'm sorry, I'll run out tonight and get a 6 pound lesbian poodle and then we'll have more in common tomorrow. Have a good night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

As someone who loves her dogs I am offended by your post. HAHAHA! Seriously, people who don't shut up about their dogs are the most annoying people. I know dog people who talk more about their dogs than other friends do about their own human children. I'd start talking about your pet goldfish, or better your cat. Even if you don't have one, make it up. Dog people usually hate cats.

5:13 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I have a dog too. She is much cuter than her dog (and probably yours too). But, I don't talk about her mostly because I don't like her. She's evil.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Umm...I'm going to have to direct you here and insist you eat your words. My pups are the most adorable beings ever created.

8:35 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I'm so jealous that you know how to "name your links". I've been trying to figure that one out for months!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

EW! Those are the same type of dogs that she has! LOL!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Surely she has hers groomed like real poodles though and not like teddy bears as I have mine. I find that people either love or hate my dogs. They either find them adorable and sweet or freakish and frightening. And as far as links in your comments, I go the lazy route and instead of memorizing the code, open a new post window, type in what I want with the link and then copy the html.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home