Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Who is that Girl?

I decided to get off my poker playin', beer drinkin', fast food eatin' ass and hit the gym! You know, this is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time, but just haven't found the heart/money/time to do it. Finally, I bit the bullet and made it work. I honestly got tired of feeling TIRED every day. My daughter is 18 months and she is too heavy for me to carry at 30 pounds. I can't dance with her to the music without getting winded. My back hurts every day when I get out of bed. I don't wear jeans because either my ass hangs out or they cut into my stomach. I don't feel attractive anymore, and we all know that affects the best relationships! So, I finally joined a gym. It's an old fogie gym with equipment from the 1980's, but hey, I fit in there!

Now before you throw me a big party, keep in mind that I have been there 3 times so far. I do the treadmill for 20 minutes and then do a little bit of weights (mostly whatever machines that someone else is doing so that I can watch first). But, I will tell you that today I ran for 3.5 minutes and .30 miles, and did a total of 1.25 miles in my 20 minute segment. Boy, was I proud of myself!

I just hope I can keep it up. Thank you Mom for agreeing to do this with me, and Jeremy, please join us soon because I love you and I want you to be around for me and our child for a long time!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Jamie-
That is awesome! Don't be too hard on yourself. Today 1.25 tommorrow 3...and so on. I feel really intimidated at the gym. I like the idea of watching someone and then trying out the exercise. Unfortunately, for me, that would be mean being there with other people there too. I sort of suck at that. :) Anyway,I am proud of you. Set a goal for to help with staying motivated.
Also, there are many other people blogging about their start back into fitness. It is nice to we aren't the only ones out there.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home