Friday, August 04, 2006

That's Horrendous

Thanks to Jeff, aka Hollywood for the above quote...

What I'm referring to is the price of gas! I filled up today and it was $43.50! It was $3.09 per gallon!!! If my tank would have been on E, it would have cost me $55.62!!!

I'm doing what I can. I don't drive a gas guzzler. I drive a Grand Prix. I don't speed, I don't drive if I can walk or at the least take Jer's purple Thunder.

Let's do some math:

Home to Daycare = 6.05 miles
Daycare to Work = 10.22 miles
ROUNDTRIP = 32.54 miles
Current gas mileage x 32.54 = $4.37

Car Payment per day = $8.27

Daycare per day = $25.00

Not including clothes and food, it is costing me $37.64 every day to come to work. That is 43% of my income, just to get here.

Tune in tomorrow when I figure taxes into the occasion and soon learn that its costing me money to come to work!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

Someone was really bored today....

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

So many of my friends have discovered that daycare costs them money. It seems ridiculous to complain about how much it costs to care for your child, you want the best care you can get, but seriously, give them some kool-aid and play memory with them. It shouldn't cost that much.

6:07 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

My babysitter makes $15 an hour (pre tax and supplies like food and diapers), so I still gotta hand it to her, I wouldn't watch 6-8 kids for that little amount of money...

I gripe at $14 an hour to sit in an A/C office and play on the internet.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Does she make $15 an hour for all of them or per kid? Because I make more than that and don't have to touch poop...well nto at work at least.

6:43 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

She's open 11 hourz a day, and charges each child $125. Works out to be $2.27 per child per hour. No thanks!!!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home