Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Proof is in the Pictures

As mentioned in Kristen's blog, all of the pictures from our trip to Cleveland on the 29th were magically erased. Somehow, Anne got ahold of few, but my face is still a mystery! We made it home from our pilgrimage to Ohio, and pretty unscathed. Boring details follow...

After a very uneventful 19 hour drive (which was pretty amazing considering it rained the entire time, got progressively colder, and we were traveling with a 2 year old and a Golden Retriever) - we arrived at our destination (Jefferson, OH) at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night. Saturday night was spent visiting the family and then visiting some friends and the Galley and then Jefferson Lanes - that's right folks, the bowling alley is the only bar in town these days I guess!

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were reserved for some last minute shopping, wrapping and then an EXPLOSION of gifts on Christmas morning. So many gifts in fact, that Emily needed a breakfast break AND a nap!

The next few days were kind of a blur, as most of the mid-week is during a vacation. Some shopping, some eating, some napping, some visiting with friends and family (including a lovely dinner of wings and beer with Mike, Karen and Otto).

And suddenly, we were down to the last 2 days of our trip. We spent the first night in Cleveland with the lovely Kristen and her midget boyfriend Ray, who failed to mention the story of her telling off the girl wearing the headband on her forehead. I was not really embarrassed as much as I was scared of getting shot or chased onto Lee Rd. The evening ended with some fried food and organic Oreo's and milk.

Saturday night, we went out to dinner with the family and then to a garage party with some of Jeremy's high school buddies. I find it hard to believe that Friday night I hung out with some folks that I only knew in passing and had a hard time fitting a word in edgewise and Saturday night I hung out with people that I've known for a few years and Jeremy has known his entire life, and was bored within an hour. I guess discussing high school in great depth is only fun if you were actually THERE.

After some homemade French toast, we hit the road again sans child. She will return with PaPa on Saturday night so our bachelor days continue for a few more. We managed to find a random party in St George, SC and if I get motivated, I'll make that into a post of itself.

Anyway, thanks for the lovely gifts and the lovely hosting of our bodies over the last 10 days - but I sure am glad to be back in sandals and my own bed!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

We were talking about the headband girl on Sunday at lunch and I just don't know why I was so upset with her. I think it started with her huge pumps and skinny jeans and went from there. I also didn't talk about how you greeted me Saturday morning stretched out in a sexy pose in your unders. Mostly because I was wicked jealous of your thighs. You may not like your body Jamie, but I think its rocking.

6:38 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I'm sort of embarrassed and that's hard to do to me - so congrats!

I thought about the fact that I had no pants on but then I realized that you often post about your dislike of pants so I knew that you of all people would understand how I couldn't wait to get them off. Besides, your rent controlled apartment was HOT! I guess they don't want Ray's cousins to freeze to death hiding in the laundry room.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Well you made me blush and that's not always easy but I liked it! I should have told you to open the window when you went to bed.

9:52 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

So the neighbors could enjoy my granny panties too?

BTW, did you know that Mayfield Rd is ghetto? Dunkin Donuts doesn't take credit? WTF? We had to wait until Mentor to get some food and we rationed a half bottle of water which is not fun.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had gotten a pic of headband girl, but that might have pushed her over the edge and she would have attacked us with her shiny stacked heels.

I had a great time with you on Friday. I should have warned you how stiflingly hot Kristen's apt is.

12:34 PM  
Blogger melcarrel said...

Yeah, that Jefferson, it's nice but I wouldn't want to live there.... Oh wait, I do live there. Shit.

That's why I have no social life. 2 kids and a town that goes to bed at 8pm!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home