Wednesday, December 20, 2006

444 Profile Views and other Misc

I had cookies for breakfast again. I gotta stop this cycle soon.

I had cookies for breakfast because I locked Emily in the car again. I gotta stop this cycle soon too.

No, seriously, I think I have a problem. Today made 2 out of 3 years of Emily's life that I've locked her in the car the week before Christmas. The first time, she was almost 6 months old and she was in her little seat in the middle of my Grand Prix. I had gone shopping with the Park family, and somehow while we were unloading everything, the doors got locked. It was cold (because it was Ohio), and she was actually asleep through most of the ordeal. When she did wake up, we were almost done, and I remember her crying and I remember having Allison running inside to make a bottle so we could feed her the minute she got out.

Today, it happened in front of her daycare. I knew it was going to happen because the new Jeep I bought has the locks that automatically lock when you hit a certain speed. And when you open the door, only the door opened unlocks. And, the lock sits right where your damn elbow sits, so it gets locked almost constantly while getting out of the car. I am still trying to get in the habit of unlocking all the doors when I stop, but apparently, I'm still learning! Anyway, she's ok, it took about 30 minutes to get her out (5 once the locksmith arrived - and he didn't even charge me MERRY CHRISTMAS!) She had a glass of water and went to school like nothing happened. Kids are resilient.

So, it's off to find out how to get an extra key...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Because I have to habit of locking myself out of things and places, I always have my keys in hand. How are you getting out of the car without your keys?

6:40 AM  
Blogger MrsTito said...

I leave the car running at daycare because it's a private home and I'm in and out of there in about 2 minutes in the morning.

I have locked myself out of the car at least 12 times, 6 of those requiring a locksmith. You'd think I'd learn!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home